Acceptable Use Policy
ABC reserves the right to monitor traffic for the purpose of identifying malicious traffic.
ABC will use traffic filtering and blocking traffic as a last resort when protecting ABC’s networks. Nonetheless, ABC reserves the right to throttle, filter, or block, any service, at ABC’s sole discretion, in order to protect ABC’s networks from malicious traffic.
ABC reserves the right to suspend or terminate the any service, without notice, following a violation of this Acceptable Use Policy. The final decision to terminate your account lies solely at the discretion of ABC.
The Customer is responsible for maintaining the security of their connection and devices. The customer is responsible for any applicable account overage fees and any violation of this Acceptable Use Policy resulting from viruses or malicious software connecting to their internet connection, or on devices connected to their local network.
ABC is not responsible for the security of the Customer’s internet connection. ABC is not responsible for the loss or compromise of any sensitive or personal data.
Encouraging, facilitating, or engaging in illegal activities is prohibited. Violations of this type will be immediately reported to the appropriate authorities. The customer will not:
- transmit or link to any communication where the meaning of the message, or its transmission or distribution, would violate any applicable law or regulations, including those which deal with obscene communications, or its transmission is for the purpose of making an annoying or offensive communication to any other person;
- obstruct the ABC service's identification procedures in electronic communications that you initiate, while anonymous services may be used provided that you do not attempt to impersonate others;
- disrupt or interfere with the ABC services or any service of any other Internet access provider;
- knowingly interfere with the lawful use, by others, of their accounts;
- modify, reverse engineer or, decompile, disassemble, or create derived works based on ABC provided software;
- deliberately release computer viruses or other unauthorized or unwanted computer programs or data onto the Internet;
- carry out any other act or omission which is contrary to law.
The customer will not use an ABC account to send out large quantities of unsolicited e-mail or other communications, whether of a commercial nature or not. Abusive messages that are threatening, harassing, or coercive in nature are similarly not permitted. The Customer will cease sending e-mail messages to another individual or another system who has explicitly requested that you cease.
The Customer will not engage in the harassment of any person.
The Customer will not use ABC services to make unauthorized attempts to access, scan, or probe the systems and networks of others.
Acceptable use policy of other network(s)
The Customer will follow the Acceptable Use Policy of any networks accessed using the ABC network.
Denial of Service
The Customer will not engage in any denial of service attack.
The Customer will not upload or transmit any copyrighted material without permission of the owner(s).
The Customer will not upload or transmit any unlawful content, including but not limited to public incitement or willful promotion of hatred, pyramid selling, unauthorized use of a computer, mischief in relation to data, fraud, defamatory libel, obscenity, child pornography, harassment, stalking and uttering threats.
Terms applicable to retail residential and business internet customers
Service reselling prohibited
The Customer will not share, resell, or provide, as part of any commercial transaction, the ABC service to any third party.
Right to prioritize
ABC reserves the right to limit access connectivity, if required, in periods of peak network demands.
IP address ownership
Any IP addresses that are assigned to the Customer for the internet service remain the property of ABC.
ABC makes no guarantee regarding reliability of email services or assumes any liability for lost emails.
E-mail storage limited
All e-mail accounts are provided 500 megabytes of storage space. If you reach this limit, additional e-mail messages will not be accepted. Additional storage may be purchased separately.