Getting Started With Your Voice Mail
1. When you activate your account, you will receive an Activation Confirmation email containing your password similar to the example below:
From: VoIP Device Activation <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: VoIP Device Activation Information
Date: March 01, 2011 12:00:00 PM PDT (CA)
To: Subscriber <email@example.com>
Dear Valued Subscriber, Your Internet Voice Gateway account has been activated. Please take note of the following information for use with your Internet Voice Gateway services:
VoIP Phone Number: 200112341234
Voice Mail Password: 9999
***Note: Your VoIP Phone Number is a virtual number that can be called by another VoIP Client on your provider's VoIP network without incurring any extra toll fees. Dialing this number from the traditional telephone network will not work.
2. To connect to voice mail, you can use any of the following methods:
- Dial *40 from a phone connected via your VoIP device, then enter the assigned password.
- Dial *42 from a phone connected via your VoIP device if you have multiple accounts, then enter the VoIP Phone number, followed by the assigned password when prompted.
You can also log in remotely from any phone by dialing your phone number (DID) and entering * during the greeting playback, followed by the assigned password when prompted.
3. Once you have logged into the voice mail system, you can use the menu options below to check messages, manage messages or set personal greetings and preference options.
The voice mail system has standardized menus that operate much like the voice mail systems available with your mobile service, so the navigation may already seem familiar to you.
The buttons in darker blue below are top level menu options and the buttons in lighter blue are options available while in one of the top menu sections. A complete hierarchy of the menus is available below.
After recording a message (incoming message, busy/unavailable greeting or mailbox name)